Thursday, May 14, 2009

First chapter outline

I like the Storytelling tips in Changeling, especially the tips for outlining sessions for a chronicle. So I wrote five bullet points and filled in the first and last with what I had already decided on for the Spring chapter in the synopsis. Then I worked backwards from the end, filling out the three middle bullet points, making sure to use something from the following sentence. I got these five sessions for the Spring Court chapter:

Click for spoilers

  • Charlie escapes and is found in the Hedge by members of the Spring Court.

  • Charlie gains a friend in the Spring Court and joins her motley.

  • Charlie is introduced to the other courts by going to various functions with his new friend.

  • His motley faces off with a rival motley from another court.

  • Charlie's motley is wiped out by his captor's minions.

As it turns out, the fourth bullet point is the only new one to me, and I think it ties the story together pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment